AY Honor Music Requirements used by South Pacific Division
From Pathfinder Wiki
Complete Option One or Option Two:
1. Option One
- a. Complete the Beginners Music Honour.
- b. Complete the following:
- i. Pass in Grade 5 Practical AMEB, or Trinity College, or Royal School of Music, or Suzuki Graduation Level 3.
- ii. Pass in Grade 3 Musicianship or Theory.
- c. Submit a list of thirty hymns and/or choruses you can play or sing and be tested on these at random.
2. Option Two
- a. Play or sing a scale, and know its composition.
- b. Write a scale in both treble and bass clefs.
- c. Know a half tone, a whole tone, a third, a fifth, and an octave.
- d. Be able to distinguish a march from a waltz, and give the time of each.
- e. What is a quarter note? a half note? a whole note? Draw the symbols.
- f. Name five great composers and one composition of each, including an oratorio, a piano composition, a song.
- g. Play (a hymn), or sing from memory one stanza of thirty hymns or choruses.
- h. Play, or sing from memory, one piece of good music.
- i. For instrumentalists: play at sight a moderately difficult piece and explain all signs and terms in it.
- j. For singers: Show with a baton how to lead a group in singing compositions written in 3/4 and 4/4 time.
- k. Define orchestra, and name at least five instruments in an orchestra.