AY Honor Disciples and Apostles
Disciples were those 12 guys who followed Jesus around, right? Or, is discipleship something all of us can experience (and BE) today? Believe it or not, developing a deeper closer relationship with Christ isn't just about reading more, going to church more, or even earning more honors! It's about becoming Christ's modern day disciple. This honor can help start you on that journey.
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
10. Over a two-week process, conduct a daily self-evaluation of the quality of your discipleship for that particular day. Rate based on the statements below on a scale from 1 to 10 where ten means you are very strong in that area and one means you are weak. Contemplate your assessment, set goals for improvement, and ask Jesus to provide you the necessary strength to meet these goals.
- a. Your desire is to please God in all that you do.
- b. You have a passion to share your faith with others.
- c. You allow the Lord to lead your decision-making process.
- d. You pray every day on a regular basis.
- e. You spend time with the Lord through worship.
- f. Your life represents Jesus to those around you.
- g. You reach out to those who are less fortunate than you.