AY Honor Bully Prevention II
There are six types of bully behavior that young people might experience, and only three were discussed and strategized about in Bully Prevention I. Maybe you're needing solutions for relational aggression, cyber bullying, or sexual bullying! If so, this is where you should start. Since this is "Bully Prevention II" you don't have to start with "I" but can rather start right here and learn how to be part of a positive culture that chooses to protect each other from these specific bullying situations.
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
11. Discuss each of the following scenarios as a group. 1) Read the situation, 2) evaluate whether sexual bullying is taking place, and 3) based on your observation, discuss potentially appropriate responses.
- a. Someone at school says you look great today
- b. Someone at a party says your clothes look nice on you, making comments on particular body parts
- c. Someone compliments the design of your tie and then takes the liberty to adjust it
- d. A friend begins to pressure you to send sexually oriented pictures of yourself
- e. Someone begins to show up wherever you are to say hello, on several occasions
- f. Someone tries to hold or hug you unexpectedly each time they see you