AY Honor National Parks and Heritage Sites
From Pathfinder Wiki
< AY HonorsAY Honors/National Parks and Heritage Sites
National Parks and Heritage Sites
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
7. Complete three of the following:
- a. Complete a Junior Ranger/Parks Canada Xplorers program (or their equivalent) at a national park, monument, historic site, or other equivalency and discuss what you learned with your group.
- b. Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site or National Park System site and document your visit with a photo scrapbook (digital or print).
- c. Draw or paint a picture about something you had fun learning about while studying national park system sites and/or world heritage sites.
- d. Hike a trail while visiting a national park or World Heritage site. Document three things you see, three things you hear, and at least one smell you experienced.
- e. Pick a national park system site or World Heritage site and document or display:
- i. When did it become a National Park, Monument, Seashore, heritage site, etc.?
- ii. Where is it located?
- iii. What is it known for?
- iv. What interested you most about the site?
- f. Present, write about, or make a short video about a current national park conservation project.
- g. Watch a video of a minimum of 15 minutes about national parks and summarize what you saw.
- h. Begin a national park passport booklet and collect five stamps from national parks or national park areas.