The Temperance honor has a lot of involved requirements that will keep you creatively engaged in communicating ways to avoid drugs, alcohol, and illicit drugs.
Investiture Achievement Connection: This Honor is related to the Investiture Achievement requirements for COMPANION Health and Fitness which require completion of Requirements #1, #2 and #7 of this Honor. A GUIDE Health and Fitness requirement can be met by teaching Requirements #1, #2 and #7 of this Honor
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
3. Do four of the following:
- a. Write and deliver a five-to eight-minute speech (oration)
- b. Write an essay on alcohol, tobacco, drugs, or physical fitness of 150 to 200 words and your commitment to a healthy lifestyle
- c. Write a four-line jingle on a Drug Prevention topic.
- d. Draw/make a poster 22 x 28 inches (55.9 x 63.5 cm) that tells about the harmful effects of a drug, tobacco, or alcohol
- e. Make a substance abuse exhibit for a local shopping mall, library, or school
- f. Make a scrapbook of at least 20 pages showing various Drug Prevention advertisements
- g. Share with at least five other persons (excluding your immediate relatives) what you have accomplished from the above list and obtain their signed Temperance Pledges