AY Honors/Media Broadcast Ministry
You know how your church has been livestreaming or providing church services online? Get involved in your church's media ministry, and find someone willing to train you in all the aspects addressed in these requirements and become a better media ministry leader or assistant!
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
11. Do one of the following individually or with a group:
- a. Be regularly involved in the operation of your church’s media department for a minimum of three months. During that time, discover and/or evaluate the following:
- i. What media types the media department has chosen to invest in and why
- ii. What the media department is doing well
- iii. What the media department wishes it had resources to do better
- iv. What audience the media department is reaching (and wishes to reach)
- b. Watch and/or listen to five online media ministry programs. Answer the following questions for each (share your research with an instructor, adult leader, or group):
- i. What is the format of the program? (interview, group discussion, individual giving a presentation, etc.)
- ii. How long is the program?
- iii. What is the purpose of the program or the information presented?
- iv. How many times has it been watched or played? Or how many people have tuned in? (If applicable)
- v. Do the speakers acknowledge the online or remote audience?
- vi. How many times are Bible verses referenced?
- vii. Is this something you would like to watch or listen to again?