From Pathfinder Wiki
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
12. Do at least 2 of the following activities:
- a. Visit an exhibit or conservatory of desert plants/dune plants. Look for how they are adapted to living in sand or poor soil, harsh temperatures and lack of water.
- b. Visit a zoo where there are desert animals, especially ones that are adapted to living in sand. If possible, observe some of the ones you studied while learning about dunes.
- c. Watch a video about dunes or plants or animals that live in dunes.
- d. Visit a dune and take some photos, or draw a picture of them.
- e. Construct an outdoor working demonstration of dune progression using sand, an object for obstruction, a fan to blow the sand. Observe how the sand blows over the obstruction and falls on the other side forming a dune. Use safety glasses.
- f. Draw or paint a picture of something you had fun learning about while studying dunes.
- g. Talk to your group, or write about or make a short video about a real life dune conservation project. Explain why this specific habitat (should be saved, i.e. endangered species of plants and/or animals living there.