AY Honors/Bogs & Fens - Advanced
Deepen your bog and fen experience as you embark on a service project that protects these ecosystems.
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
2. Arrange or participate in a service project benefiting a bog or fen community (clean up, trail making, helping others learn about this specific habitat). Write a report about the following things (including maps, photographs or drawings may help):
- a. What bog or fen did you visit?
- b. When did you visit?
- c. What did you do there?
- d. New information you have learned about this type of habitat beyond what was learned in the basic honor.
- e. Information about the specific bog or fen you visited.
- f. Describe the service project you did (be specific).
- g. What did you learn about yourself while doing the service project?
- h. What did you learn about this habitat while doing this service project?