This is an activity-centered honor where YOU become a beekeeper and successfully tend your hive from spring through the honey making season all the way to harvest! Honey bees are becoming endangered, help them by providing a safe and honey-making location for them to call home!
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
14. Carry out the following duties of successful beekeeping:
- a. Spring feed to stimulate brood production
- b. Supering and other swarm prevention techniques
- c. Extract honey and put into jars
- d. Fall feeding and "taking the hive down" to prepare it for the winter months