AY Honors/Animal Tracking (General Conference)
Maybe you've seen people "track" humans through the woods on TV by following invisible clues. It's a lot harder than TV makes it look! With this honor you can learn to see and interpret sign left by wildlife (and by humans), and make a collection of plaster castings of animal tracks. Open your eyes to another world!
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
4. Maintain a tracking station for at least three days by doing the following:
- a. Select a flat open space in some quiet place near your camp or home.
- b. Smooth out ground, mud, sand, etc.
- c. Place food out for wildlife.
- d. Check each day for tracks and replenish food when necessary.