AY Honors/African American Adventist Heritage in the NAD - Advanced
Participants will learn the history of the regional work within the United States and the prominent leaders who were crucial in its development.
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
2. Prepare presentations based on your research in two of the following topics. Your presentation may be in the form of any of the following, citing all sources used:
- Electronic presentation
- Bulletin board/presentation board display
- Verbal presentation
- Written report (minimum of one page)
- a. Trace the journey of the Morning Star from the beginning launch in Allegan, Michigan in 1894 until it was beached in the 1900’s. Include a time line.
- b. The history of the forming of one of the Regional Conferences and the location of its present administrative offices and its executive administrators. Include photos, dates, and bulletins where available.
- c. One of the following leaders and their contributions to the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- i. E. E. Cleveland
- ii. W. H. Green
- iii. Delbert Baker
- iv. Calvin B. Rock
- v. Calvin E. Moseley
- vi. Hyveth Williams
- vii. Daniel Davis